Replacing your interior or exterior doors can enhance the value, appearance, and functionality of your home in a big way. If you are considering a change, here are some important things to know about door replacement:
- It’s a three-step process: Door replacement comes down to three steps: selection, installation, and post-installation. Here’s a quick overview of what happens during each stage of the process:
- Selection: At North Tech Windows and Doors we offer a free consultation with our experienced team of professionals to assess what kind of replacement you’ll need if any. Once it’s determined that a replacement is necessary, you can come into our store and view the options for replacement doors. We will work with your needs, preferences, and budget to help you come to a final decision.
- Installation: Once you’ve made your decision, our workers will take final measurements, and together you will set a date for your installation. Our experienced workers will begin installation promptly, on your chosen date. Installation times vary depending on the scope of the work, but our workers will do everything they can to keep you and your family informed, prepared, and comfortable.
- Post-installation: Once your new doors are installed, our workers will go over everything with you and make sure the work has been done to your complete satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns, these can be addressed during the post-installation stage.
- There are lots of options: When it comes to style and material, there are numerous options for interior and exterior doors. Commonly, doors are made of wood, fiberglass, or steel. Style options include:
- Solid wood
- Faux wood (fiberglass with the wood grain)
- French doors
- Steel doors (for maximum security and durability)
- Accordion doors
- Bifold doors
There are many different types of doors, and depending on your specific aesthetic and functional needs, our team will work with you to find the best options for your home!
- You may not need to replace the whole door: During the selection/consultation process, you may find that you don’t need to replace the entire door. You can freshen up the look of the door just by replacing or painting the trim. There are also many options for trim, ranging from simple and clean, to ornate and decorative. Replacing the trim on your door is a great time and money-saving option.
If you suspect your doors need to be replaced, don’t hesitate to contact us and set up a free consultation!