If you are experiencing any or all of the above issues, you know you need to replace your windows.
Once you know what you need to do, the question is, how do you know what new windows to buy? The below are some things that are necessary to consider when shopping for windows:
- Type of glass-gas filled, tints, insulated, low-emissivity or reflective coatings?
- Amount of panes-single, double, or triple?
- Type of frame-Vinyl, wood, aluminum or a combo?
- Style of window-casement, fixed, pivoting, double hung or sliding?
- Warranties-protect your investment
Now that you know you have to replace your windows and what kind of windows you want to buy, you need to decide who you want to buy them from. This is an important area in which you will need to do a little homework. Check reviews, ask around, and reach out to a reputable window installer to get a quote.
When moving into a new home, making renovations should be as easy as possible. When determining whether you need to replace your windows, follow the above tips to make an informed decision. You want to increase the value, functionality, and aesthetic of your new space, and buying new windows can assist you with this goal!
For more information, contact the NorthTech Windows team today.